Join us on the eve of the first annual Arts Champions Congress for PechaKucha Night Calgary #9: "Verge."
Devised in Tokyo in 2003 as a way for young designers to meet, network and show their work in public, PechaKucha Nights are now taking place in over 435 cities around the world. The events are based on a simple presentation format: speakers present 20 slides each, for only 20 seconds per slide.
Calgary's 9th PechaKucha Night will feature a diverse group of speakers, each confronting the theme of "Verge." Speakers include:
Jasmine Antonick, Startup Manager, Beakerhead
- Ellen Close, Associate Artistic Producer, Downstage
- Dr. Paul Fedak, Cardiac Surgeon
- Ralph Giannone, Architect
- Reid Henry, Director of Art Space Initiatives, Calgary Arts Development
- Wendy Peters, Community Manager, Yelp Calgary
- Stephen Schroeder, Cultural Industry Consultant, Project Manager for Calgary Arts Factory
- Tristan Surtees and Charles Blanc, Watershed+ Lead Artists
- Matthew Talbot-Turner, Editor, Breathe Parkour Magazine
- George Webber, Photographer
Hosted by Patrick Finn.
Check In: 6:00pm - 7:00pm
Simmons Building, 618 Confluence Way SE (formerly 5th Ave. SE)
"Pre-show" on the RiverWalk from 6:00pm - 7:00pm
Main Event: 7:00pm
Golden Age Club, 610 8th Ave. SE